Welcome, visitor! [ Register | Login


rentwithpetscanada


Post Free Listing

British boy Julian Cadman was killed in Barcelona attack, family confirms

General August 21, 2017

British boy Julian Cadman was killed in Barcelona attack, family confirmsThe grieving family of Julian Cadman, the British boy killed in the Barcelona terror attack, said they will never forget his smiles. The seven-year-old was in the Spanish city with his mother, Jumarie Cadman, to attend a family wedding when they were hit by a rented van as it careered down Las Ramblas, killing 13 and injuring more than 100. Mrs Cadman was seriously injured and in a coma, as of Sunday morning, unaware of her son's death, a senior Catalan Government source told the Telegraph. Julian Cadman, seven, who was killed in the Barcelona terror attack Julian's family confirmed he had been killed in a statement released on Sunday, saying: "Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family. "As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us. "He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. "We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts." The family thanked those who helped search for Julian in the immediate aftermath of the attack, adding: "Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time. "We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected." It took several days to formally identify Julian's body because DNA confirmation was required, the government source said. Andrew Cadman, the boy's father, heard the news of the attack on the radio last week and on discovering that his son was missing, immediately flew from Sydney to Barcelona, arriving in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is believed he was taken straight to the Ciutat de la Justicia, where victims of the Las Ramblas terror attack were being identified by forensic experts. He was then taken, with a police escort, to the Vall d'Hebron hospital where his wife, who sustained severe injuries, underwent surgery. Mapped: Barcelona van attack Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, said: "I send my sincerest sympathies to the family of Julian Cadman and all those who loved him. His death is a tragedy." Julian was born in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and lived in the UK for four years, attending Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle in the countryside, before the family-of-three moved to Australia three years ago. They return to the UK once a year to visit Mrs Cadman's older sister, Judith, whose daughter Justine's wedding the pair were attending in Barcelona.  Julian's paternal grandfather, Tony Cadman, originally from Gillingham, had emigrated to Sydney decades earlier. The family had put out urgent appeals for information about Julian on social media that were removed from the internet on Saturday. Family member Debbie Cadman wrote on Facebook: "It is beyond words what we are experiencing at the moment. We appreciate all prayers and love." Terror in Spain: Dozens killed and injured in Barcelona and Cambrils A pharmacist who comforted Mrs Cadman in the immediate aftermath of the attack has described how she  ignored her own as she begged for information about her son. Fouad Bakkali comforted Mrs Cadman as she lay on the floor of his Las Ramblas shop, waiting for paramedics.  “I was with the mother, the Australian mother, until the doctor came,’’ he said. “I was at her side helping her, telling her, ‘be calm, don’t worry.’’ He said Mrs Cadman appeared to be suffering two broken legs, a back injury and had a large wound on her head. “She was asking all the time about her little boy. She asked me ‘where is my son’. She told me he was seven years old,’’ a Mr Bakkali added. “I told her, 'he is good, it will be OK.' “I helped to keep her breathing until the doctor’s came." Barcelona attack key articles The Catalan interior department also confirmed the deaths of an Italian and a Belgian national in the Las Ramblas attack.  Forensic doctors and police are still working to identify two remaining victims of the 13 killed. Those already named include Luca Rosso, a 35-year-old Italian on holiday with his fiancee, Bruno Gulotta, 35, an Italian father-of-two and Jared Tucker, 42, an American construction worker . Officials said 51 people injured in the attack remain in hospital while 81 have been discharged.  The victims hailed from 34 countries including China, Colombia, France, Germany, Honduras and Morocco.


Animal and Pet News

No Tags

49 total views, 1 today

  

Sponsored Links

  • Aurelia’s Birthday Donation

    by on January 24, 2018 - 0 Comments

    More and more often, kids are donatiing to charities like SCARS in lieu of getting birthday gifts. When she turned six, Aurelia (Auri) decided there were enough toys around her house. She saw the good life that her own pets have and wanted to help rescued animals. For her birthday Auri collected toys, treats and

    The post Aurelia’s Birthday Donation appeared first on Second Chance Animal Rescue Society.

    Second Chance Animal Rescue Society

  • B.C. Court Strikes Down Vancouver Aquarium Whale & Dolphin Ban

    by on February 9, 2018 - 0 Comments

    VANCOUVER – National animal law advocacy organization Animal Justice is responding to the decision from the B.C. Supreme Court quashing, in part, a municipal bylaw aimed at preventing whales and dolphins from suffering in captivity at the Vancouver Aquarium. The Aquarium sought to overturn the Park Board bylaw passed in May, 2017 that bans confining whales, dolphins, and porpoises in Vancouver parks, including... Read more » Animal Justice

  • Max (formerly Rocky Road)

    by on January 20, 2018 - 0 Comments

    Hi SCARS, I'd like to share my story of adopting Max. When we got him at 8 weeks in December 2017. He was a tiny, happy furball that got into everything! Soon we noticed that he had a rash from the fleas he had prior to SCARS rescuing him. He lived with a cone for

    The post Max (formerly Rocky Road) appeared first on Second Chance Animal Rescue Society.

    Second Chance Animal Rescue Society

  • Vancouver Transit Police Target Animal Activist for Showing Slaughterhouse Footage

    by on March 16, 2018 - 0 Comments

    TransLink Transit Police in Vancouver have ticketed an animal advocate for spreading awareness of animal cruelty by showing farm and slaughterhouse footage to passersby on the street. Jeff Rigear is a former undercover investigator on Canadian farms who now runs TV Outreach for Animals. Mr. Rigear sets up a 42-inch television screen on busy streets... Read more » Animal Justice

  • Cooper (formerly Fox)

    by on January 28, 2018 - 0 Comments

    Hi SCARS. Cooper has almost been with us for a year. He is a very smart obedient dog, he enjoys his morning walks and loves all his cat and dog friends. He is the perfect fit for our crazy busy family, we can't imagine our lives without him. We would like to thank SCARS for

    The post Cooper (formerly Fox) appeared first on Second Chance Animal Rescue Society.

    Second Chance Animal Rescue Society

Article Categories

Article Archives

Who's Online

  • 0 Members.
  • 9 Guests.